- Installments by Afterpay allows retailers to offer installment plans for online shoppers, allowing a purchase to be paid for in four equal installments, due every 2 weeks.
- Simply choose Installments by Afterpay as your payment method at checkout. First-time shoppers provide payment details as usual, returning shoppers simply log in to make their purchase. It’s that easy!
- At any time, you can log in to your Afterpay account to see your payment schedule and make a payment before the due date. Otherwise Afterpay will automatically take the money from your debit or credit card every 2 weeks.
Shop now. Enjoy now. Pay later.
How Does Installments by Afterpay Work?
Who can use Afterpay?
Installments by Afterpay is a payment service offered by US online retailers for shoppers who:
- Are a resident in one of the US States. Installments by Afterpay is not available in US Territories.
- Are at least 18 years old; (19 years old in Alabama or if you are a ward of the state in Nebraska)
- Are capable of entering into a legally binding contract;
- Have a valid and verifiable email address and mobile number;
- Provide a valid delivery address in the United States;
- Are authorized to use a US-issued credit or debit card to make the purchase
- Make a purchase of at least $35
Is Afterpay safe and secure?
Afterpay is a PCI DSS Level 1 certified compliant Service Provider organisation.PCI DSS is a comprehensive set of requirements created by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council to enhance cardholder data security and to ensure the safe handling and storage of sensitive credit card information and data.This is the highest level of security in the payment industry.
How do I sign up?
You don't need to register prior to making your first Afterpay purchase, simply choose Afterpay as your payment method at checkout. If it’s your first time using Afterpay, you will provide payment details as usual to complete your purchase. Afterpay does not approve 100% of orders. We are committed to ensuring we support responsible spending. When determining which orders to approve, we considers a number of different factors. As an example, the longer you have been a shopper using Installments by Afterpay and the more orders you have successfully repaid, the more likely you will be able to spend more.
Things to consider:
- are there sufficient funds on your card (generally we look to see 25% of the order value available to spend)
- minimum spend is $35 USD
- length of time you have been using Installments by Afterpay (tighter in the first 6 weeks)
Is there a cost for using Installments by Afterpay?
Installments by Afterpay is a free service offered by retailers to shoppers - there are no upfront fees charged or any interest incurred.
The only fees that may be incurred by shoppers are late fees if your scheduled payments are unsuccessfully processed and, after being notified, you do not log in to your Afterpay account to make your payment via a different method. Late fees for shoppers in the USA are capped at 25% of the order value. Fees are assessed solely by Afterpay. As with all other forms of payment, Lula Grey is not responsible for any fees.
When will my first payment be taken?
You will pay the first 25% of the order value at the time you make the purchase with Afterpay.